Here is what you’ll need!
MASON JAR VEGGIE BURGERS
2 cans black eyed peas, drained
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce or adobo
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/3 cup panko
Finely chopped sautéed kale (or other leafy green)
Box cornbread batter (mix, butter, egg, buttermilk, etc.)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 clove garlic, minced
9 mason jar lid rings (large)
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Lay out 12 mason jar lid rings upside down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Spray rings thoroughly with cooking spray.
4. Mix cans of beans, BBQ sauce, seasoned salt, egg, and panko in food processor until it becomes a thick paste.
5. Mix cornbread batter/mix — it should be fairly thick
6. Fill 4 rings with bean mix (they can be compacted to the rim of the ring).
7. Fill 8 rings with cornbread batter. (Do not completely fill. Leave a small amount of room at the top to allow for rise, making sure the spread batter evenly throughout ring.)
8. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown and burgers are lightly browned.
9. Mix all ingredients for the spicy mayo and store in a refrigerator until ready to use.
10. Assemble burger including any additional ingredients desired (we used sautéed kale, but also suggest collard greens or spinach).
11. Eat and like it!
Recipe by Angie Thomas
Check us out on Facebook! — facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Funky Day Out_Main licensed by Warner Chappell
Made by BFMP www.buzzfeed.com/videoteam.